Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Easiest Way To Break Up With Someone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Easiest Way To Break Up With Someone?

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the easiest way is to break up with someone. I'm really not sure, and I'd like to be as sensitive as possible. It needs to be done though. Any tips?

I'm not sure that there is really anything that can be said when it comes to how you can have an easy breakup. There is really no such thing, but unfortunatiely it's one of those things that simply has to be done, so you'll definitely need to make sure that you do it. I would suggest being up front and honest with the person you're breaking up with. Even though you know exactly why you're breaking up with them, and you know that you've got your good reasons for doing so, that doesn't mean that they are going to feel the same way. So be open to the fact that you'll probably have to take few blows when you tell them that you don't want to be with them anymore. Being dumped sucks, and it isn't easy for anyone to handle. If you can be cool though, take a few blows and let them get how they feel off of their chest, then chances are that everything will be cool between the two of you down the road. It's never easy when something first happens, but it's worth noting that taking your lumps when you need to will always allow you to walk away from the situation with a clear conscience.

Comment

Yeah, this is never an easy situation. Breaking up really isn't an easy thing to do, and for lots of reasons. No one wants to hurt anyone, or have anyone get angry with them. If they know that things haven't been going the best between you lately though, they at least won't be blindsided. There is no simple way to go about a breakup and there never will be. Honesty is always the best policy and hearing the other person out is usually the best way to go as well. Don't just dismiss them. There were two of you in the relationship, and if it's ending, then you should both have your say where it comes to how you feel about that. In time things will be fine and like dglvr11 said, you'll be able to run into each other down the road and be cool with each other. How you choose to end things with someone is so much more important than some people realize because even though it's really hard to go through for the short time that it takes to actually break up with your partner, showing them the respect of talking to them face to face, and letting things play out however they need to will at least show them that you respect them enough to be honest with them, and talk to them in person. Sure, they're probably going to be pretty pissed off about it at first, but down the road, things will be much better when the two of you run into each other.

Comment

If you're seriously looking for an easy way to break up with someone, then I don't really know what to say to you, because there's really no such thing, unfortunately. You'll just have to face them head on, take your lumps and see what happens. At least in the end you will be able to say that you did the right thing, and you'll be able to walk away with your head held high. Whether you're the dumper or the dumpee, it's never an easy time for anyone, and it friggen sucks. Dumping someone sucks. Getting dumped sucks. Just make sure that when you do dump them, you're not constantly checking in with them to see how they're doing, etc. That is just lame, and you're going to give them the wrong idea...and likely a false sense of hope for reconciling. Make sure that you walk away, and let them heal. You'll need to heal from your guilt and the relationship itself as well. It's not an easy time for anyone, and it's not supposed to be. You're sure to get a lot of responses on here, but I'm sure that none of them is going to come with any information that's going to make the process of dumping someone any easier. Just suck it up and go for it. That's about all you can do. You'll just have to deal with whatever comes after the fact.

Comment

No easy way to dump someone my man. Sorry.

Comment

You can't break up with anyone in an easy way. It's simply not possible. The best thing that you can do is just be real and up front with them. Like everyone else here has said, it's going to be difficult and they're probably not going to be very happy with you, so you'll just have to accept that. I don't think that there's ever been a breakup where anyone was like, 'Sure! Awesome! Thanks for that!'. lol. It just is what it is and everyone deals with rejection in their own way, but when it first happens, most people do not deal with it very well. The best thing you can do is just be honest and get it over with. Like ripping off a bandaid. You may as well just go for it and let things play out however they need to. I also agree with the others on here that whatever happens, in the end, at least you'll both be able to be cool with each other if you take the honest and direct approach. They won't be happy about it for awhile, obviously, but down the road, they will at least be able to respect you for doing the right thing and you might even be able to be friends with one another at some point down the road. It's worth taking a few hours of lumps to walk away with a clear conscience and know that you've left the door open for things to be cool in the future.

Comment

Coming from someone who was recently ghosted and had their heart broken, my suggestion is to follow all of the advice that people have left for you here and do the right thing. I can definitely say that if the guy who chose to ghost me had had the courage to face me, I would be feeling much different than I do right now.

Comment

There's no easiest way. You just have to be upfront with everything

Comment

Tell her that you need time for yourself and you want to try to experience what its like to be single again lol

Comment

Go and cheat on her so that she would definitely have a reason to break up with you. There is no such thing as breaking up in a sensitive way.

Comment

• grblng78
                      grblng78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or he could get the other girl pregnant just to make sure that there is no way that she would forgive him lol

• KimmieS
                      KimmieS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You ladies sound like you've been cheated by a guy before

• errania2
                      errania2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I've been cheated by a couple of guys before. Also, I was just basing it on my experience and from what I have heard from my friends when I have said that there is no such thing as breaking up in a sensitive way

Easiest way you say? - Face to face.

Comment

• errania2
                      errania2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But if you want to have fun while breaking up, cheat on her, then let her find it out. =)

• krstn10
                      krstn10 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure that would count as something that is sensitive lol

If you want to be a total jerk towards her, just go start over with your life at the other side of the country

Comment

• kranzd
                      kranzd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the highest level of ghosting. Moving across the country just to break up with her

• jerranour
                      jerranour commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think moving to another country is way higher than the one that I just mentioned

What's your reason why you're planning end things with her?

Comment

Do you really think that such a thing is possible? What makes you think that there is an easy way to break up with your girlfriend?

Comment

Walk away and leave. That's the easiest way for me to break up.

Comment

• krstn10
                          krstn10 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is absolutely easy at the same time cold.

• kranzd
                          kranzd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, that's the only reason that I can think of since there is no such thing as an easy break up
                      Working...
                      X