Does The Three Month Rule Work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does The Three Month Rule Work?

Not sure if any of you heard of the three month rule. It says that you need to wait for three months before you start dating again. Does any of you follow that or you're the type who recovers quickly?

I do not believe in such a rule. You could date anytime you want to date after the breakup.

Comment

• Mermaidwas
      Mermaidwas commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that you can easily recover from a breakup?

Yes, resting for few months is always a good thing. We get to heal our hearts of the heartbreak before we open up again with an another person to have a relationship with.

Comment

• FyUoCuK24
      FyUoCuK24 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a way of saying, take a good long rest before going back.

For me it all depends on the length of the relationship. Because if you've been with someone for more than three years, you might need more than three months before you would be over the person

Comment

• 59Alpha
      59Alpha commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you ever thought of having rebounds or casual hookups while on the moving on phase?

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the longest time that it took you before you fully recovered from a break up? GitMeDun

For me, that's enough time in order for me to move on from a relationship

Comment

It's a hit or miss for me. There have been cases in which I thought I was ready since it has been three months already and once I go out with a guy, I would end up talking about my ex which is a given deal breaker for most people especially during the first date

Comment

• errania2
        errania2 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was the usual reaction of the guy when that happens?
    Working...
    X