Should break ups happen in person?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should break ups happen in person?

In breaking up with somebody, it is hard to not be emotional and we all know that being emotional is quite contagious. That's why some people tend to break up with their partners through a text message or something else other than doing it in person. Actually, that is the more convenient way. But there are other who disagree to that. So my question is, should break ups happen in person? Or a text message is already enough?

In my opinion, if the couple have been together for how many years already, a breakup in person is what they need. However, if a couple have been together for just a month or two, I guess a break up text message will suffice.

Comment

• LoveHeadline
      LoveHeadline commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been in a 3-year relationship with my ex-boyfriend and guess what? We broke up through chat, we never had any proper closure, but can we consider that after months of breaking, we still see each other as fuckbuddies? I don't think that's enough closure for us both lol! Oh, and he's already with someone else while I'm still single and searching.

• LaoFood
      LaoFood commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. When a relationship's duration was long, it would be necessary to talk for a while for the break up.
      As for the short duration, then a simple text message would do.

Out of respect for your partner, I guess a break up should happen in person. You need to have a long talk regarding your own decisions. And a text message would not be enough, believe me. It will only leave your partner with so many questions in his/her mind.

Comment

• Kyarah
      Kyarah commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right but I wonder why most of my exes just decide to call it quits through phone calls? That's painful for me to bear, I guess it's better if they should've told me in person because I'm still holding onto grudges because of them.

• sevva3
      sevva3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, much better to talk in person. You could have a long discussion and everything would be settled on that talk.

• InsideBoa
      InsideBoa commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. For a proper break up, a personal talk must be taken. A text is not enough.

In person would be better as you could still talk longer and all the things that must be clarified would be attended to. There would be a proper closure. It would end well and good.

Comment

• InspiringMeanFantastic
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is true! I broke up with my ex-boyfriend in person and we're in good terms right now. We usually bump into each other out in public with no grudges, we're like friends with a past but it's all good now.

• jerranour
      jerranour commented
      Editing a comment
      InspiringMeanFantastic Oh, you had a good closure then. I hope that all could have the same end story. It is just that most people would have a bad ending with their break ups.

If you want a quick breakup then a text would do. In that way, you would read the bad news and if you want to cry then cry. Should you want to curse him, then curse him. Do whatever you want to express your anger that you were just dumped. lol.

Comment

• Perkiness
      Perkiness commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. This is the easiest thing to do. Just send a text message to the person and everything would be over. If you received some curses after you had sent the text message then you would be sure that he had read it well. lol.

• krstn10
      krstn10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, for a quick break up with no complications. Anyway, if there is something to talk over to, then a talk will not suffice.

Breakups should always be done in person no matter if the relationship was long or short. It would always be nice to talk and decide on what would happen next before parting ways.

Comment

• wanny
      wanny commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the thing about communication, it's best to speak with them in person. It is more sincere rather than talking things out through phone calls or video chats, that's not how breakups should go. Indeed, it must be done in person.

• JayDee
      JayDee commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Because if people don't do that, both sides will be left hanging and will definitely have unanswered questions at the back of their minds.

• YourHero
      YourHero commented
      Editing a comment
      What would happen next before parting ways? What do you mean with that? Is there something to be done before parting ways?

Sometimes, breaking up in person causes harm - I mean bodily harm. Yes, there could be blood that would be spilled. I had seen few women who used their stilettos in hitting their boyfriends due to their anger they they were dumped. lol.

Comment

• muffinthumper
      muffinthumper commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa! I never knew girls would act so violently after breaking up with someone. That's considered as assault already, I mean it's best if boyfriends with violent girlfriends should be dumped through chat or phone calls.

• Nappies
      Nappies commented
      Editing a comment
      muffinthumper That is the reason why some break ups need not be done personally. You are right with the chat or call whether voice call or video call.

Certainly. In my opinion, breaking up with someone through a text message is not only inappropriate but also unacceptable. No one deserves that kind of treatment most especially if both of you have been together for a long time.

Comment

• MagicBAKINGBNM
      MagicBAKINGBNM commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they're just avoiding the breakup to become messy and overly dramatic, so what? Every breakup is meant to be messy do you expect breakups to be happily ever after?

• errania2
      errania2 commented
      Editing a comment
      MagicBAKINGBNM True. We could avoid the dramas and messiness that it could bring out.
Working...
X