Red Flags For You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Flags For You

Does dating a person who has mental problems counts as a red flag for you or not? I'm talking about the person either having a history or depression or being bipolar

I don't consider it as a red flag as long as he has told me about that while we're still in the getting to know each other stage. And if he tells me about that early on, it means that he's sees something special in me that's why he was comfortable enough to tell me about it

Comment

• dorranlou
      dorranlou commented
      Editing a comment
      Some would be really upfront about it if they see a future in the relationship and don't want to hide anything that may fuck everything up.

• errania2
      errania2 commented
      Editing a comment
      grblng78 Sure. I could give full support for him on the days that he is down. I would help him for as long as I can.

• errania2
      errania2 commented
      Editing a comment
      dorranlou I would be lucky if that person would open up as early as that stage in order for me to know the things that I need to know beforehand.

I'm willing to date someone who had some mental problems before. All I want is that he would take his medication in case he relapses

Comment

• errania2
      errania2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Medication can just sometimes make them docile but not helping with their state. But if they are not that sick, I guess it's okay.

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      Although medication helps, they would remain to be always like that. As for depression, there are even no signs for it. Before you know it, they had already committed a suicide. Would you like that to happen with your date? You had a date today then tomorrow you'll learn that he already died.

• lizza
      lizza commented
      Editing a comment
      What happens when he suddenly stops his medication? He might have bad episodes and your life might be endangered.

That would be a pass for me. Even if she's the hottest person in the planet

Comment

• Girlie23
      Girlie23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is your answer based on a personal experience or personal preference

• jerranour
      jerranour commented
      Editing a comment
      You have made the right decision. I, too, would not date a person who is not mentally stable. I think that they could be dangerous and must be avoided at all cost.

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      What could be your reasons why you passed on them?

If you're into it, why not? But mentally sick people are really sick so they don't have the best judgment half of the time.

Comment

• dorranlou
      dorranlou commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know how we went from dating to sex and murder but okay.

• wanny
      wanny commented
      Editing a comment
      I get KimmieS point. Really scary how spontaneity is one trait the sick ones have.

• Aloha3e4
      Aloha3e4 commented
      Editing a comment
      dorranlou Part of dating are the people's personalities that we should be aware of. It is not just fuck, fuck and fuck that we must be interested in.

They're essentially broken so it's not ethical to engage with them in that way. Sorry if I offend anyone, I don't intend to.

Comment

• Muggs
      Muggs commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if you're head over heels in love with him and he suddenly tells you that he has a mental disorder? Are you going to avoid him entirely because of it?

• goodstrngr
      goodstrngr commented
      Editing a comment
      Muggs It would be difficult because as I am already head over heels in love with him but I would start to avoid him due to his mental disorder. I still love my life, don't want to end it abruptly.

If we're a good match for each other, I'm willing to stick with him as long as he wants me to stay with him

Comment

• jerranour
      jerranour commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure with that decision? Are you not afraid that their condition might worsen as time passes by?

• kranzd
      kranzd commented
      Editing a comment
      Mental conditions can maybe be cured by supplying what they need. Unless their sickness stems from their brain being physically wrong.

Most people who have mental problems do not know that they have it. So, for me, I would stay away from them. They may even harm me unintentionally and since they would not be legally accountable for it so how I am I going to have a recourse should something happens to me?

Comment

• HarSecConspiracy
      HarSecConspiracy commented
      Editing a comment
      What if they never that they have it and told you immediately. Are you still going to date him or not?

• dorranlou
      dorranlou commented
      Editing a comment
      HarSecConspiracy Even if he had told me beforehand, I would still not not date him. No amount of convincing would ever do.

Really depends if their case is something that can be kept in line by being around people and some medication or the type of sickness that the state itself is ordering you to take your medications and go to a therapist.

Comment

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, you have a point there. But there should be an assurance that he would be treated completely. Oh, wait, there are disorders which are for life, right? So how about those ones?

• wanny
      wanny commented
      Editing a comment
      People who have disorders for life would be a bit difficult to have. So I guess that I won't have to entertain them.

If he knew before hand that he has a mental disorder, then I'm willing to give it a try. I find it scarier if the guy doesn't know that there is something wrong with him

Comment

• jerranour
      jerranour commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be constantly scared if that's the case. Almost everyone will develop one as they grow older.
Working...
X