Dates and hookups failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates and hookups failed

I think that most of us want to have some dates here and there and even some hookups from time to time to spice up our lives. Now, not all people are lucky to have those activities, so what could be the possible reasons why we sometimes fail to have a success on these areas?

Being not that good-looking is one of the reasons why some people do not have any success on having dates and hookups. Let us accept the fact that most people only look for the outside appearance. Most people only choose those who are handsome and beautiful. Those kinds of people exercise their freedom of choice excessively.

Comment

• Pihuya
      Pihuya commented
      Editing a comment
      You're making it sound like the reason why the date failed is because their date thinks that they're ugly. And that only good looking people are the ones who are allowed to date.

• Lovereso
      Lovereso commented
      Editing a comment
      Those not good looking are sometimes not sociable that is why they are really not being noticed for going on dates and hookups.

Could I say that you suck as a person? Well, I could not think of other reasons aside from that one. Your dates have been failures simply because your dates did not find you well. How about making some changes with your self? I am talking about physical and personality changes.

Comment

• OhMyLorie
      OhMyLorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! If every date had failed, then it could not be that her dates were the faulty ones. It could be that she is the one who already has a problem.

• Jarul
      Jarul commented
      Editing a comment
      That might be true OhMyLorie, we should not always account that the fault will originate from us.

That is fairly normal. I think that most of us have failed dates and hookups. Only a low percentage of people would have their dates classified as successes on the first dates. That is the reason why we keep on looking for new dates and new hookups as those previous ones were simply unsuccessful.

Comment

• CumbersomeMome
      CumbersomeMome commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that based on your personal experience?

It is possible that you have very high standards and have a terrible personality that's why you're having problems finding someone who's willing to date or hookup with you.

Comment

• HarSecConspiracy
      HarSecConspiracy commented
      Editing a comment
      But if they were able to go out with that person who has high standards, it automatically means that they've somewhat passed his or her standards, right?

• lindseysexy
      lindseysexy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you could be right! But I think that it is more on the terrible personality side and not on the high standards side as there were actual dates.

• Zach
      Zach commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes its good to be considerate having such high standards would be too hard for you to get on a date.

Originally posted by InspiringMeanFantastic View Post
    Being not that good-looking is one of the reasons why some people do not have any success on having dates and hookups. Let us accept the fact that most people only look for the outside appearance. Most people only choose those who are handsome and beautiful. Those kinds of people exercise their freedom of choice excessively.
    I think that it's about that we stop blaming the looks of that person that's why he or she is having problems when it comes to finding a date. It just goes to show that you're superficial if you consider their looks as the reason why they can't find a date.

Comment

• Hunnybunch
      Hunnybunch commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, it's not always about the looks, it could just be because the other person doesn't fancy you or that your interests don't align.

This might be the few times that the old saying that opposites attract would fail. Because they might be total opposites that instead that they get attracted to each other, they end up hating each other because of it.

Comment

Maybe I'm dating or hooking up with someone who's not really a good match for me and try to find out why it didn't work out.

Comment

• HarSecConspiracy
        HarSecConspiracy commented
        Editing a comment
        Or simply not compatible with you, I'm thinking that you have been deceived that you both are a perfect match.

• Imhisforever
        Imhisforever commented
        Editing a comment
        That could be the case because sometimes online information about a person is not reliable.

• LaoFood
        LaoFood commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you really tried it? Did someone work out with you?

I think they are not experimenting other possibilities on hooking up, like the easy way for them most are just relying through chats and dating apps, they must have the courage to do it personally or creatively through any other steps on getting dates.

Comment

• MagicBAKINGBNM
        MagicBAKINGBNM commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe you should try and share some of your dating or hookup tips to help the ones who are having problems in finding one.

• dorranlou
        dorranlou commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you mean by "experimenting other possibilites"? Are you talking about trying things besides the usual dating sites or apps?

It is possible that the two of you were not really a match from the start. Like one or the both of you tried to work something out, but it tragically failed.

Comment

• Perkiness
        Perkiness commented
        Editing a comment
        Something might be lacking that's why it tragically failed, it can be a lack of charisma, etc.

• CarpetMuncher
        CarpetMuncher commented
        Editing a comment
        Perkiness That's true could also be a lack of common interest or chemistry I'd guess.
    Working...
    X