Dating Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Mistakes

A common pet peeve for me when it comes to dating is I keep on looking at my phone and totally ignored my date. It's my habit if I'm getting bored and I kinda feel bad for doing it. I learned that I need to be respectful of the other person's time. If you are waiting on an important call or e-mail, be sure to give your date a heads up. I know that some of you have done a mistake during your date, How did you deal with it?

I was embarrassed with my date the first time I began drinking 4 glasses of Margarita that made me sloppy and really made me drunk that I want to go home and sleep.

Comment

• ChocolateLove
      ChocolateLove commented
      Editing a comment
      Your date must be laughing at you by the time you get drunk and how was the date by the way?

• CuteChocolate
      CuteChocolate commented
      Editing a comment
      What made you think that drinking 4 glasses of margarita is a good idea? Were you expecting that would calm your nerves?

I'm the type who tends to be a bit more talkative once alcohol is already in my system. So there was this date where I was a bit nervous for it because it was with a guy that I really liked. In order to calm my nerves, I took a couple of shots of tequila before heading to the restaurant. The guy spent most of the night just listening to me and since I was blabbering away. He found out that I was a bit tipsy when he told that he was surprised that I was talkative. That's when I admitted that I had a couple of shots before I headed to the restaurant.

Comment

• Girlie23
      Girlie23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the date turn out good or do you feel embarrassed about it on the next day?

• LoveSandDrummer
      LoveSandDrummer commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you still remember what you've told him? I guess you told him everything that he needs to know about you.

Mine would be trying to order something light to make him think that I'm conscious with what I eat and ending up starving myself.

Comment

• Perkiness
      Perkiness commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you just ended up starving yourself. I've done that before and since we're also drinking some cocktails, I ended up tipsy even before the date was over.

• Pihuya
      Pihuya commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're planning to eat something light during the date, you should have made sure that you've eaten something at least an hour before your date.

• HarHappyTricked
      HarHappyTricked commented
      Editing a comment
      Pihuya This only happen to me one time in ordering light one's so my date would not think of me as a gobbler.

I had a date once who did just that. He was looking at his phone every couple of minutes. When I asked him if I was boring him, he tells me that he was waiting a message from his sister to tell him if the operation of his mom went well.

Comment

• Mimsywas1
      Mimsywas1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like it's bad timing for both of you to go on a date if he worries too much about his mom's operation.

• CumbersomeMome
      CumbersomeMome commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that you apologized to him because of it. You should be thankful that he didn't cancel on you even if he has something on his mind that evening

One of my biggest mistakes is ghosting someone to end things between us. I was really scared of rejecting him and telling him that we're no longer connecting that's why I ghosted him.

Comment

• Mermaidwas
      Mermaidwas commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you try to reach him a few days after you ghosted him?

• AliveOlive
      AliveOlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would you think that it is easier to just ghost him rather than tell him? There are tons of ways to reject guys these days. You can do it via email, text, phonecall, private message, etc...

I guess it would be telling the guy immediately that you don't sleep with guys on the first date? Because that might ruin his mood and might even leave you because of it.

Comment

• MagicBAKINGBNM
      MagicBAKINGBNM commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see anything wrong with it since you're just being honest with him. Also it would immediately stop him from expecting that from you.

• janney
      janney commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you been on a date where the guy left you immediately once you told them that you're not going to sleep with them?

I don't think that wearing a plain old boring clothes counts as a dating mistake. I really don't have the money to spend on nice dresses and fancy shoes but what I always bring is humor in the table.

Comment

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I don't think so but sometimes your date will have an impression on what clothes you were so you better be presentable.

• GitMeDun
      GitMeDun commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I guess as long as we do a change of character then they won't bother on what were wearing and just be confident.

I think one mistake I can think of is talking about much of myself. I think its important to jump from one topic to another after a minute or find a topic that best suits you both.

Comment

• LoveHeadline
      LoveHeadline commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the guy looked bored while you were talking about yourself?

• YourHero
      YourHero commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hate it if a man keeps talking about his past which he can skip and go on with an interesting one.

• lizza
      lizza commented
      Editing a comment
      LoveHeadline He looks so bored which made me think he needs another cup of coffee when I'm talking to him.

It will be demanding too much and let them pay for our request, we let them pay the bills for our meals and don't do something in return.

Comment

• HappySecLove
      HappySecLove commented
      Editing a comment
      What request are you talking about here? Is this still food related or something completely different.

• Aloha3e4
      Aloha3e4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing that you're talking about men who are expecting that you're going to sleep with them by the end of the date?

It was my mistake one time that I keep on looking and glancing at my date's boobies. It's a distraction and I'm pretty sure it's not a mistake on my part. I can't think of anything I say but when I'm talking I accidentally look at her cleavage and it's a habit of mine to stare at it most of the time.

Comment

• muffinthumper
      muffinthumper commented
      Editing a comment
      Your one funny devil. You must be drooling every time you see her boobies and did she notice when you peek on her boobs?

• dorranlou
      dorranlou commented
      Editing a comment
      How huge were they that you can't stop at looking at them?
Working...
X