Times are changing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times are changing!

I'm not the most tech savvy person and when a friend of mine suggested that I turned to online dating, I hesitated for a while because I thought that it wasn't going to work out for someone of my age. I felt like I was going to be the oldest person on the site and people would ridicule me. Anyway, after thinking about it for some time and amid continuous pushing from my friend, I decided to give it a go. He assured me that I'd find it very easy on freehookups and that there were already thousands of men and women in my age group. After joining this site, I was surprised to see so many people in their 40's and 50's actively meeting people. Some members were even in their 60's. I think the times have really changed and online dating has become a really effective method. I'm happy that I decided to join this site. I mean I've gotten to know so many nice people and I managed to see a few of those women too. It's been a lot of fun in such short time. The women in my age that I met on this site were very friendly and easy to get to know. I never thought that it would be possible!!

It's great to have people of all ages on freehookups... I've hooked up with a few older men sinece I registered on this site... it was a lot of fun.... some time back, I'd have not expected people in their 40's and 50's to have membership on a site like this.. maybe just a few... but now, online dating has really become a thing like you've said and it's great for everyone!

Comment

@Kane-D I know exactly what you mean!! You're good, I was thinking about joining online dating for a couple of years. I had one friend of mind who was 56 at the time registering on a site like this and meeting a few men, but I wasn't sure whether this suited me. May be I didn't have much confidence about my chances. Anyway, in the end, I packed up some courage and registered which really changed things around for me. I've made so many friends on this site. I spend time with them a lot and I don't feel lonely any more. I can find someone to talk to or spend time with any time which is a lot for a lady in my age. Before joining this site, there were weeks that I didn't talk to anyone properly. I was just very lonely. I think the times have slowly changed and I'm happy to see people like me getting the help from sites like this one to create new friendships. Good luck to you Kane-D!

Comment

You're right, all the misconceptions about online dating has slowly disappeared and people have realized that it's a great way to meet people. Two or three years ago, I'd have laughed if someone told me that I'd be on a site like this, but here I am! Times have changed and very quickly too

Comment

• kranzd
          kranzd commented
          Editing a comment
          I always knew I'd be on one, after my 4th relationship ended, I don't think it's sad, it's just the way it is.

Our generation is quickly coming to terms with the internet now which is great. They weren't quick too as we've been around it and seen things happen around us for quite a while now. I'm glad that more and more people are making use of the internet than five years ago. Just like you, I wouldn't have even thought about signing up on a site like this back then!!

Comment

I was surprised to see the ages of some of the members on this website when I first logged in. I almost couldn't believe it!! It's a lot of fun have all kinds of people here

Comment

• Krist
            Krist commented
            Editing a comment
            Exact thought here, no fun in an all kids site, we need MEN and WOMEN.

I never thought that a site like freehookups would be as crucial to someone as it's been for trudy60! WOW!! For me, joining this site was all about fun. It's great to find out that it means more to some.

Comment

Unlike some of you, I've been on so many adult dating sites like FreeHookups for the past decade or so. I've seen how these sites evolved over time. From something so simple to services that are extraordinary! On the other hand, sites like this started popping up like mushrooms a few years ago, so it's hard for people to find which ones actually work. That's not a very good trend. Especially at a time when not so tech savvy people are looking to sign up. There has to be some way for people to share their experiences and educated each other about the quality of different sites. Or else I'm afraid that people who aren't fully confident about dating sites will give up on it altogether....

Comment

What I did to find out about good sites was to refer to reviews. I read quite a lot of them before I decided to join this site. I must mention one thing though, it's difficult to find out which reviews are reliable and which are not. So you need to go through quite a few of them to get a real idea about a site.

Comment

• sevva3
                sevva3 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes online reviews can be manipulated since some of them tend to be owned by the competition

• KimmieS
                KimmieS commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with what sevva3 has said when it comes to reviews. For me, it is much better to try it out for yourself

• sevva3
                sevva3 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you been fooled by a review before?

When it comes to online dating, it would be much better if you join the site itself. Try to interact with the members so that you would have a better understanding if it is a good one or not

Comment

• Muggs
                Muggs commented
                Editing a comment
                So are you enjoying your stay here so far?

• lizza
                lizza commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course I'm enjoying my stay. If I wasn't I have left a long time ago

Personally I don't think this site is on the top yet, though it has a steady path upwards, and it's getting there. Fast!

Comment

• Girlie23
                Girlie23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't wait for that to happen so we could chat with more people here

• krstn10
                krstn10 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to as well
            Working...
            X