Teenage Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage Kids

I am in my late forties and have two teenage kids. I am ready to date now that they are grown, but I am scared about bringing a new man in our lives since my girls and I have lived alone for so many years. We have our own way of doing things and to bring someone in to change some of these things gets me all worried and shit. I wish I could find a mature man who loved kids and who could be a mentor to them. I have gone on several dates already and they were bad dates. I cannot believe how hard this is. My teenagers want me to find someone, but I am the one holding back for their sake. I hope I can have better luck here!

If your kids see that you want someone in your life, you betta believe them. They might see that you are lonelier than you let up. So do yourself a favor and find a man that makes you happy, but make sure you tell him that you ahve kids. You don't want to surprise him.

Comment

You could let your kids help you choose the man for you cause they know you better than how you might know yourself. Give it a chance and don't let kids stop you from being happy and having fun.

Comment

The kids are getting older and before you know it, they will be off to college and married and have children of their own. By that time, you will be as lonely as fuck. Do you want to end up by yourself or do you want to take your kid's advice and get a man of your own. You only have one damn life to live and life is too short to be waiting for your kids to grow older. Trust me, they want to get our of your house faster than you think.

Comment

I went through the same thing that you are going through, but my kids talked me into dating and going out and having fun. Of course, that gave them time to do the same. But, today, I thank them for pushing me and I met a nice man some years ago and we had a serious relationship. Even though, it didn't last for as long as I wanted it to, it did open my eyes to new possibilties. Listen to your children. They want the best for you!

Comment

My mom was divorced when I was fifteen and I watched how lonely she was after I was gone off with my friends. She would look out the window until I disappeared with my friends and when I came home, she would be watching reruns on TV on a weekend night. That is not a good way to live life. I always felt sorry for her. She ended up being lonely for a long time until a neighbor hooked her up with his brother and now they are married. I am so happy for her. So believe me, your kids will be happy for you too.

Comment

I didn't look at it like how y'all laying it out. I guess I have to do some serious thinking and talking to my kids more about what they expect from me when I do have a man. I don't want to be lonely for sure. Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

Working...
              X