High School Sweetheart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Sweetheart

I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 20 years and now that I am 47 years old and divorced, I am ready to hit the dating scene. I have dipped my hands into some blind dating, but that didn't work out too well. I got set up for these blind dates by family members and friends who meant well, but I am too old school to settle for some dumb shit. I prefer to be alone than do that. I am due a good date and I plan to make sure that this happens sooner instead of later. I am here on this dating website to see if I can match up with the right person so we don't waste our time. I feel the tradtional way of dating is wasting time trying to size up the person when you could be on here and learn more about the person in ten minutes than you would on an hour long traditional date. What should I look for now that I am over 40 and looking for a date?

For one, don't be scared and have an open mind. Make sure you tell people what you are looking for. You can put that in your profile. I agree that the traditional dating is not for everyone. So you are right about that. Give yourself time to find the right person. You might have to go through a list of individuals and some may not pan out to be anything. But once you are patient, you could strike gold!

Comment

There are people on this forum that are already looking for someone like you. So put up a post about the things you are looking for in a man. You would be surprised that the same ones giving the advice are open to being chosen by you. Let your feelers go out and you might pick up the right person here on this dating forum.

Comment

It is hard to break up with your high school sweetheart. It must have been hard to part ways. Make sure you don't compare anyone that you meet with your high school sweetheart. Some people do that and end up being disappointed. Every person is different. So as the other member said, go in with an open mind and make sure that you give the person a chance to prove whether there is a good connection or not. You owe it to yourself to be happy.

Comment

If you want to move on, then you have to put the past behind you. Yes, you might still care for that high school sweetheart, but she is only an experience and a past one. Time to create new memories that will make you happy. Hang out in this forum and we will teach you what you need to do to find the right woman. It is possible. Don't worry. You are not alone. There are many women on this dating forum looking for a nice guy like you.

Comment

I am so glad I told you my story cause I was so worried that I wouldn't find anyone after being with my woman for so long. I want to learn cause I want to be happy. It is not easy to walk away from such a long time relationship, but I am ready to start a new chapter in my life with the right person. Thanks for opening my eyes to what I can expect.

Comment

Working...
            X