Workplace is boring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplace is boring

Joined an internship recently, I don`t like it there. There is no work for me as such, I go there ask for work, I get done with it and after that nothing! I don`t like again and again going and knowing they`re giving me work just for the sake of it. So what should I do? Sadly I have to sit there till whatever time allotted can`t even leave early, it`s getting on my nerves now. I literally have to drag myself out of bed. There`s no one of my age there, also I don`t want to be that person who does nothing I want to do something I just don`t know what!

Why don't you leave and get another internship? This is so wrong, they mostly do that, internship is to learn and grow but they keep you sitting in one place and teach nothing. I think you should switch start looking for better places to work in.

Comment

Change your internship, or tell them that you are facing this problem like you have been given no work and this isn't how an internship is. This is what most of the startups do which is so weird, because it does make you crazy. Why did they place you when you have got no work to do? What you should do is rather than taking it on your nerves; get on their nerves. Disturb them again and again when you are done that is the only way they are going to start treat you right. Are they paying you? If not then leave if yes then get on their heads and dance - make them crazy!

Comment

I agree with what the other ladies have mentioned. If you're not happy with how things are going in your internship, then go find a new one that will make use of your skills properly

Comment

That's what I'm feeling right now. I can't anymore. I'm so torn between needing a job and having to be able to do what I want

Comment

Luckily its the friends I've made and the connection we have that drives me to work everyday. I would suggest you have go look for one that you'd enjoy, and when the fun of work fades out, at least you's till have friends.

Comment

Try to amuse yourself from time to time and setup personal challenges that you have to accomplish within the day

Comment

• KimmieS
                KimmieS commented
                Editing a comment
                So what's the next thing that she would do once she's completed all those challenges?

• wanny
                wanny commented
                Editing a comment
                -.- google

If you don't have a good reason to stay in that internship, Then go ahead and find a new one already. Since you're doing a disservice to the company that you're in

Comment

• jerranour
                jerranour commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe its a really good company that's why she's still there

• goodstrngr
                goodstrngr commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe so, but you also have to think about your happiness

Its simple, why don't look for some other internship which may help you grow in your chosen field. Or since you've are already in that workplace, ask your higher ups what else can you do.

Comment

If they haven't still giving you anything to do , its better to look for other internship. Ask some people about it so you could look for a good one

Comment

If its a paid internship just try and talk to the other employees and try to learn what they're doing so that you won't waste your time

Comment

Working...
                  X