An abusive boyfriend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An abusive boyfriend

Yes, you've read that right, my bestfriend has an abusive boyfriend and he literally hurts her physically, mentally, and emotionally. They've broken up and got back a couple of times, then they recently got back again. This time for good, that's when I've lost touch with her because of that. I got tired of giving her pieces of advice because, in the end, she'll always be running back to him, which is not healthy anymore, right? Should I end our friendship already? I feel like I'm wasting my time on her.

I guess your bestfriend has been brainwashed by her boyfriend. Maybe it's time for you to end your friendship with her because she already made her choice and it's obvious that she's sticking with him no matter what happens.

Comment

• Jarul
      Jarul commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I agree. It is difficult to deal with someone who doesn't even know how to listen. You've done your part as her best friend, it is now time to stop.

• OhMyLorie
      OhMyLorie commented
      Editing a comment
      What? End the friendship right away? No, you should not do that one. You could continue your friendship by accepting her decisions in life. It does not matter if her decisions are not compatible with that you have on your mind.

I think her boyfriend might've hit her head too hard that made her change the way she acts around with you, kidding aside. Well, you should ask her again why'd she put herself in that situation, maybe she needs help? She's treating herself badly since she cannot leave her abusive boyfriend at that point already.

Comment

• LoveHeadline
      LoveHeadline commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess so. Maybe she became used to the pain from the physical violence and mental torture. It would be best if the best friend will still be patient and tries to get her best friend away from that kind of man.

I hope that you won't end your friendship with her. This is the time that she needs you the most. The best thing that you can do is to report the abusive boyfriend to the authorities. In this way, action will be taken and your best friend would not suffer anymore.

Comment

• Hunnybunch
      Hunnybunch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, do not give up on her. You have to do whatever it takes to get her away from that abusive man!

Domestic violence? That's a very serious issue and it should not be taken lightly. You have to be patient with your best friend. Talk her out of their relationship and make her realize that she does not deserve the treatment that she's been getting.

Comment

• Biggerwave
      Biggerwave commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't even understand why her best friend has to torture herself like that. I mean, it's not like her boyfriend might've been scaring her about leaving him. Ugh, I hate it when you've come across people like that, she's in so much trouble. It's best that she should let her family and friends know about her situation so they can help her.

I do believe that you shouldn't end your friendship. Both of you must have been through a lot already and you shouldn't throw that away. It is really tiring to deal with someone who doesn't know how to listen but I do hope that you realize that your best friend's life is what's at stake here. She should leave her abusive boyfriend as soon as she gets the chance.

Comment

• InspiringMeanFantastic
      Editing a comment
      What's the sense of staying with her if she doesn't listen at all? It is evident that the girl is concerned about her situation but the best friend doesn't seem to notice that. Maybe the best friend would come to her senses if the girl leaves her and ends their friendship.

What's with the boyfriend anyway? Was he that handsome and attractive? But I do believe that that is not enough reason to stay with him given that he is abusive.

Comment

• GitMeDun
      GitMeDun commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a big possibility that he's really that good-looking. I just hope that she realizes her worth soon.

I believe that you already need to cooperate with the authorities. Your best friend needs some help and I bet she also needs some therapy. You have to do it right away before anything worse happens.

Comment

• Deepah
      Deepah commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, she should seek serious help for her best friend. It's a serious thing that she's being abused by her boyfriend, things will only get worse if she does not take action on this.

You should not end your friendship with her. You could still continue to be friends but do not provide advices anymore. Let her do all the decisions because it it her life.

Comment

A boyfriend should never hurt a woman. She should better leave than man now. There would be nothing good that would come out in the future. She would just suffer from him.

Comment

• Kyarah
        Kyarah commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, she is just letting herself suffer more and I think that's she's become more of a masochist or a martyr. I don't even know what she's trying to prove, it seems lke the man isn't going to change himself either.

I suggest that you don't leave your best friend hanging especially if she's still with that guy. Keep an open mind in understanding her situation. Continue to give her encouragement and support.

Comment

A friend who does not heed the advice of a friend is someone who should be left alone when it comes to decision making. Let her decide for herself. Do not provide any advice anymore as you are just wasting your time to her.

Comment

• BeanStory
          BeanStory commented
          Editing a comment
          In fact, she is unaware that she's wasting her friend's time. Such a shame that she is wasting her time on someone who is abusive to her. I don't why she's like that, did her boyfriend threatened her about her friend? It's a scary situation she got herself into.
      Working...
      X