Fiancee has a child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiancee has a child

What if you and your fiancee's wedding is next week and you just found out about a big secret. You discovered that your fiancee has a child and that child is already about 7 years old. Well, you've been together for 5 years so that means that your fiancee didn't cheat on you. So what would you do now? Would you push through with your marriage?

Well, as long as he did not cheat on me, I will still continue marrying him. I know that I will eventually learn to love his child and we will surely be happy together as a family.

Comment

• Tejal
      Tejal commented
      Editing a comment
      You would be happy and you will get to know more about the child and the circumstances behind it, but I do not think that you would be a family together. Look, the child has a mother. Do you think that she would gonna let go of the child?

• sevva3
      sevva3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, when you love someone, you would accept anything that he has.

• LoveSandDrummer
      LoveSandDrummer commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously, he did not. The child was a product of a previous relationship. There are so many cases which are similar to that one.

If something like that happened to be, I would postpone the wedding and let myself to think first. That is quite a big revelation that needs some time to reflect on.

Comment

• FyUoCuK24
      FyUoCuK24 commented
      Editing a comment
      For you, it is a big revelation. But for him, it was not a big deal. As you could see, you have not even known it for the past 5 years. That means to say that he kept it private as it was his own affair with the mother of his child.

• InspiringMeanFantastic
      Editing a comment
      I think that you just need to ask your partner why he did not tell you that he has a child already. It could be that he thought that it is not an important thing as you would not care anyway.

Knowing that information won't affect my decision of getting married with him. My feelings for him are genuine and him having a child won't change that. So I will still push through with the marriage.

Comment

• BeanStory
      BeanStory commented
      Editing a comment
      That's it! If that were me, of course, I will choose to continue the wedding too. So what if he has a 7-year-old kid? I can take good care of him, I can even be his mom if he wants to. Sure, is that even a big deal? Hell no.

I would ask him why he did not tell me that he has a child. Anyway, it should not matter to me. The child was there even before I came into my life. It should not be a big deal. I am sure that the child is with his mother and my fiancé just provides a child support.

Comment

• HarHappyTricked
      HarHappyTricked commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, your fiance should focus on you since you two would start a married life anytime soon. You two will have kids on your own, now that would definitely make you happy and you don't have to worry about him having his first child from his first partner.

• Krist
      Krist commented
      Editing a comment
      Jarul there's no point, as well, if you'd plan to cancel the wedding off. What differences does it make if you did the same wrongs things and expecting something to come out right? Well, nothing. I think you should forgive him about that and just move forward with your lives together.

• lindseysexy
      lindseysexy commented
      Editing a comment
      Surely, he is the father, so he would be giving a child support. Anyway, that is life, and there have been many cases similar to that one.

We'll see, maybe if she should've told me sooner before the wedding then there won't be a problem abut that but since she 0told this to me now. I think we just have to move or postpone the wedding and talk about this first.

Comment

• dorranlou
      dorranlou commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that it hurts for you to know but it is never too late, then again, why is it that she would tell you this a week before the wedding? Of course, you two might need some time to discuss this through. She shouldn't have kept this a secret to you, just a thought.

• kranzd
      kranzd commented
      Editing a comment
      Postponing a marriage would mean that you do not love her enough.

It is said there that my fiance didn't cheat, so why would I be mad at her? And why would I even postpone our wedding, because of that reason? What I need now is for her to explain to me why is it that she waited weeks before our wedding to tell me about her 7-year-old child? Why now? It's a bit too late for me to think this through.

Comment

• Girlie23
      Girlie23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously, she was scared telling you the truth about her 7-year-old kid but she should've told this to you right before the wedding has been planned. I don't know but it has to be between the two of you if you're planning to postpone the wedding because of that.

• muffinthumper
      muffinthumper commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would you think over it when you are not the father? The child has his own father who would provide financial support. You do not need to worry.

Not sure that sort of thing is possible considering that you've been together for five years already and that your partner hasn't talked about it. If I was in that situation, I might end up cancelling the engagement because if he was able to keep that secret for that long, I wonder what other things he's not telling me

Comment

I guess that you've never known each other that well if he or she was able to keep the child a secret from you

Comment

if you truly love that person, you would feel bad for not telling it to you early on, but you're still going push through with the wedding. So it is up to that person if he or she can accept what his or her partner has kept from you ever since the start of your relationship

Comment

I don't think that having a person can keep that secret to his or her partner for a really long time. It is understandable if it was a whirlwind relationship but if we're talking about your example. At some point in the relationship, he or she should have at least told you about the his or her child already

Comment

There's a chance that I might postponed the wedding in order to sort out what I feel for him. Because it will make me think that if he was able to keep that child a secret for all those years, it is possible that there might be other ones out there

Comment

Working...
            X