Wanting to have some time alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to have some time alone

You have this partner for few years now. Suddenly, that partner started to ask you to stay away for some time as he/she wanted to have some time alone. What could you say?

Oh! I think that I know where that staying alone would lead to. Of course, when your partner states that one, then there is already a chance that he/she is suggesting that you would breakup soon.

Comment

• HarSecConspiracy
      HarSecConspiracy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, so it will lead to a breakup. Isn't that a bit too soon? Anyway, I don't think that there would be a breakup unless they'd still try to fix it right after giving the other some time alone to think things through.

• FortuneYumMr
      FortuneYumMr commented
      Editing a comment
      If that person insists to have some alone time that will obviously lead to a breakup, then I must tell him that there is no need for him to ask some alone time. I should convince him to talk to me about it. We've been together for years, for fuck's sake! Is he hiding something from me?

He politely asked for some alone time or space, rather, then I guess I will give him what he wants and he must soon get back with me if he wants us to fix this immediately.

Comment

• lizza
      lizza commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think he's ever going to get back with you, sis. Look, hee wanted space then you gave him some space, during those alone times, he has been seeing other ladies without your knowledge. Since you haven't talked to him about it, this would possibly all lead up to breaking up.

Wait, why is he acting up like that? I should ask him first before I'd even give him the alone time that he needs. Why can't he just talk to me about it? We should first settle this like adults instead of ignoring each other or giving each other some space.

Comment

• Muggs
      Muggs commented
      Editing a comment
      I know. Why is there a need for space if you two can settle everything as real grown-ups do? Talk to your partner about it and it shouldn't be avoided just like that.

Okay, I will stay far away from him as possible and see if he still needs me by his side. I will wait, or it will end to nothing then it is, as expected, a breakup that he cannot tell to me directly.

Comment

• FyUoCuK24
      FyUoCuK24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure that he will definitely leave you slowly just because he cannot tell it to you directly. But I think it will badly hurt if he won't be telling it to you directly, right?

• MagicBAKINGBNM
      MagicBAKINGBNM commented
      Editing a comment
      He wants you to stay far away from him so it would be easy for you to accept that you two are officially over and he cannot tell it to you directly that is why he settled to do it this way.

I will give him some time alone but for an hour or a day if he needs to. Soon after he will have to talk to me about what is going on and what seems to be bothering him. We've been together for years now, come on. Why is he acting this way right now? I thought that we can handle things like this already?

Comment

• KimmieS
      KimmieS commented
      Editing a comment
      He should think and act like a grown man. For real, I mean why is he going to ignore you instead of telling you about the problem. You two should handle the problem properly and not just simply ignore it.

• kranzd
      kranzd commented
      Editing a comment
      HEYDream there's something wrong with him but I guess you should respect his request for now. Soon after, things will get better and you two should settle the issues clearly and surely.

Sometimes you just needed a little space away from all things even with your partner. All it needs is some time and space to think, we should respect if our partner needs that then let's wait for them to approach us when they're already in the right mood to talk.

Comment

• LaoFood
      LaoFood commented
      Editing a comment
      Some time alone would even help you think straight. Not all the times you needed someone to be with, sometimes we should allow ourselves to be alone.

Okay, that would mean that I will go back to my hometown and he wanted to go somewhere else too just to have some time alone. Would that make it even? Guess so, and maybe I might contact him every now and then just to check up on him.

Comment

I would be fine with it as long as she would tell me the reason why she needs that alone time

Comment

well I think it's fine if he/she wants to have some time alone I think it's very important for a person
        to have some alone time so that they can see themselves on what is happening with their lives

Comment

It's okay but be careful this is a sign that your partner is thinking of breaking up with
          you I'm not an expert but it can happen these situations are normal and often happen
          on relationships that lasted too long

Comment

I feel that might be his way of telling you that it is over between the two of you

Comment

• Deepah
              Deepah commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes! Exactly! He is just making it appear that he wanted some time, but in reality, he is already dumping you. Be brave enough to accept that you were dumped already.

Sure. He could have his time. How long does he want to have? I could offer him forever if he wants to.

Comment

I would let him have his alone time, but I might start preparing myself to hear from him that it is over between the two of us

Comment

I will try to ask him the reason why. But I will let him have his alone (around two weeks) time but I'm expecting an explanation from him after those two weeks

Comment

Working...
                X