Some privacy, please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some privacy, please?

It's okay to tell your best friend that things that are going on with your life, but what happens if our best friend has become nosy? To a point where she wants to know every little thing that has happened in your life? She does not know the word privacy anymore because she thinks that she needs to know everything about you.

First, I would tell her that if I wanted to let her know something about me, she should wait for me to tell it to her butt if not, then she should at least respect that I still need to have a bit of privacy. Because for all I know is that I don't know much about her and I do not care if she's going to share me some of her stories too.

Comment

• FortuneYumMr
      FortuneYumMr commented
      Editing a comment
      She will understand that even best friends will have the need to respect each other's privacy. Tell it to her calmly and also, she's not being nosy since she is your best friend. Maybe she's used to hearing stories from you whenever you feel like sharing or venting things out to her.

She's your best friend anyway, she's not being nosy. She's just curious and just wanted to know what's up, and it's not like she's eager to know just to tell it to the world about it.

Comment

• LaoFood
      LaoFood commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if this person is your best friend or closest friend, you shouldn't be trusting them that easily because one day, you will find yourself being betrayed by the people closest to you. You know what they say that people the closest to you might be hating you behind your back, they're much worse than enemies because they know exactly who you are.

How was her approach? "Hey, aren't you going to tell me something?", if that's her approach then I guess she knows you well and she is NOT being nosy at all. It's what normal best friends do, so, why all of a sudden you feel like your best friend is invading your privacy?

Comment

She just WANTS to know and it is different when she NEEDS to know about you. Do not assume that your bestfriend want to invade your privacy because first of all, she is your best friend right? If you do not like her sudden change of attitude then avoid her and tell her that your friendship is over. Can you do that?

Comment

• LoveHeadline
        LoveHeadline commented
        Editing a comment
        Best friends do NOT invade privacies, rather, they want to know what is happening about you. Sometimes you just have to tell her that there are times when you just needed space or there's not much for them to know more about you when you have don't much to say.

This is why sometimes you have to keep things to yourself and not everyone needs to know (even your best friend) the things that are happening to your life. This is why I cannot blame your bestfriend for being too nosy because she thinks that she has the right to know everything about you since she is your best friend.

Comment

• Mimsywas1
        Mimsywas1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes you can tell when your best friend is just being nosy or is really concerned about you. You have to be a keen observer to have it sort out if she really is your best friend or is just pretending to be one.

If you really consider her as your bestfriend I think you can openly tell her that she's being too nosy already and she would try to avoid from doing that again

Comment

well I think she is just worried about you but be careful and try to sort out people who are
        genuinely caring about you or just want a life update so that they can have something on
        you for future purposes not everyone cares genuinely about you so just be vigilant

Comment

• goodstrngr
          goodstrngr commented
          Editing a comment
          Biggerwave people are usually like that even for relatives and the people we consider closest to us. Some they just want to hear something about us just so they will have something to tell to other people.

there are limits to what a friend should know not everyone should be out there and
        be known to it's not healthy to always be an open book, try and reserve some
        for yourself try being mysterious for once in a while

Comment

I think most if not all of us have encountered a friend who's like that. I would suggest that you ask her the same question and if she tells you that you're being nosy, that's the time that you tell her that you're just doing what she often does to you

Comment

• Muggs
            Muggs commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you think that giving her a dose of her own medicine is enough for her to notice that what she's doing is annoying?

• Deepah
            Deepah commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, what can she tell you if she does not have a love life or should I refer to it as a sex life?

You have the control to state it or not. Being nosy has some limits. Unfortunately, she has been so close to you that she wanted to know everything. It is not her fault to be updated with your life.

Comment

Just like what Girlie23 has said. Why not fight fire with fire and be nosy about her life as well. And if she gets annoyed by it, tell her you're just doing the same thing that she does when it comes to your life

Comment

It is a given that we going to have a friend who wants to know every single detail about you. I think what's important is that you know which things are you willing to share to that friend.Because you have no one to blame but yourself if you just share everything to him or her just because the two of you are friends

Comment

• grblng78
                grblng78 commented
                Editing a comment
                So you're willing to take the risk of losing that friend if she or he gets mad at you for it?
            Working...
            X